Integration with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- The data about shipment orders are sent from the ERP system to SAP YL, which allows to set up a logistics plan for forklifts.
- SAP YL receives the real-time notification of a manifest document generation in SAP ERP and creates a shipment order.
Integration with Transportation Management (TM)
- Integrating SAP YL with SAP TM ensured timely loading and unloading of trucks using several ramps within one freight order.
Integration with a third-party GPS tracking solution
- Integrating SAP YL with the client’s third-party solution helps to track the real-time locations of transportation units.
Development of mobile applications with Xamarin
Our team moved away from orthodox SAP Fiori apps and developed customized mobile solutions with Xamarin.
- Application 1: created for a forklift driver to update task statuses.
- Application 2: built for a task manager — an employee who’s in charge of check-in and check-out shipment orders and creating tasks for forklift drivers. The solution allows them to create tasks for drivers automatically.
Adding a new transportation unit ‘’tare’’ to create an accounting system
- The tare is now registered via orders, which allows the client to monitor its workload status in the system when accounting is required.
Building an application for vehicle routes that connect different storage bins
- The LeverX Group teams developed a separate business object to maintain vehicle routes. The application offers an opportunity to edit, block, and join them in service areas.
Building an algorithm to choose a forklift for specific tasks
- To streamline the workflow of enterprise resources, we offered the algorithm to search for an appropriate forklift and services area. The system takes into account drivers’ availability, their workload, and real-time location (due to the integration with GPS) to choose an employee responsible for a task execution based on the three criteria.
Displaying route prompts in mobile applications for drivers
- We transferred the plant’s physical map into a digital space to boost the training of new drivers. As a result, vehicle routes and a recommended sequence are displayed in mobile applications for forklift drivers.
Visualizing a transfer platform according to an up-to-date positioning of storage bins
- Our team configured the plant’s map with SAP Visual Business, an out-of-the-box component built-in SAP Yard Logistics.
Workload planning report
- LeverX Group experts created a user-friendly report form that comprised the information about planned orders for tomorrow/next week/next week (or the specified period) based on the data collected from the ERP system.
- Thanks to the report, the manager can distribute forklift drivers within service areas and change positions based on their workload, optimizing the distribution of employees within the areas.
Make the floor transport loading process more efficient by solving the tasks below:
- Track and analyze the historical and dynamic data about forklifts’ work during a shift;
- Reduce waiting time while loading/unloading a vehicle.
Improve shipping, loading, and unloading operations, as follows:
- Prevent incidents, such as delays in loading materials;
- Ensure efficient cooperation of managers and yard workers.
Monitor the task execution status and vehicle availability, including:
- Track vehicle locations in real-time;
- Optimize vehicle routes.
Streamline operations with shipping manifests and forklift workflow, in particular:
- Fill in and keep electronic manifests;
- Ensure efficient communication with yard workers (using mobile applications instead of phone calls).
SAP Yard Logistics can solve all the requirements mentioned above.
- Document Release
- Material Master Release and Extension
- Sales Order Release
- Manufacturing Instruction Release
- Procurement Request
- Tooling Change Request
- Shop Floor Issue Request
- Customer Issue Request
- Plant Maintenance Work Request
- Request for Quote
If you are looking for an SAP Global Strategic Supplier or Technology Partner for your business, fill out the form below, and we will contact you at short notice.