Last updated: March 25, 2022
We, LeverX International Company LLC (hereinafter – LeverX Group), are the data controller responsible for Your information when You use our website, services, products (Services).
We appreciate that You trust us with Your personal information and we intend to always keep that trust. This starts with making sure You understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used, and Your choices regarding Your information when You visit and use our Services.
This policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, keeping legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
1.1. Privacy principles
All data is:
- Fairly and lawfully processed;
- Processed for a lawful specified purpose;
- Adequate, relevant, and not excessive;
- Not kept for longer than necessary;
- Processed in accordance with the individual’s (data subject’s) rights;
- Not transferred to other countries without adequate protection.
By accessing, using, or availing yourself of the resources in any manner, or using, registering, downloading, or installing the applications, websites and services, you acknowledge that you have read this agreement and understand the rights, obligations, terms, and conditions set forth herein.
The websites, applications, and services are available only to individuals who are at least 18 years old.
1.3. Table of Contents:
- Why and how we collect and use your personal information;
- Legal basis of processing;
- How do we protect your information;
- Changes to the policy;
- Your rights regarding the personal data you provide to us;
- Contact details.
1.4. EEA Representative
1.5. Californian Consumers
This section applies only to California consumers. It describes how we collect, use, and share California consumers' Personal Data in our role as a business, and the rights applicable to such residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires businesses to disclose whether they sell Personal Data. We are a business and do not sell Personal Data. We may share Personal Data with third parties if those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such Personal Data.
For purposes of this section “Personal Data” has the meaning of “Personal Information” given in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
How We Collect, Use, and Share Your Personal Data?
We collect the following statutory categories of Personal Data:
Identifiers, such as name, business e-mail address, phone number, during virtual meetings with You – Your video-image or photo and your voice. We collect this information directly from You or from third-party sources.
Internet or network information, such as browsing and search history. We collect this information directly from Your device.
Geolocation data, such as IP address. We collect this information from Your device.
Other personal information, in instances when You interact with us online, by phone or mail in the context of receiving help through our help desks or other support channels; participation in customer surveys; or in providing the Services.
Your California Rights
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Data we collect or maintain about You. Please note these rights are not absolute, and there may be cases when we decline Your request as permitted by law.
The right of access means that You have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Data we have collected, used, and disclosed about You in the past 12 months.
The right of deletion means that You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions.
The right to non-discrimination means that You will not receive any discriminatory treatment when You exercise one of Your privacy rights.
How to Exercise Your California Rights
You can exercise Your rights Yourself or You can alternatively designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on Your behalf. Please note that to protect Your Personal Data, we will verify Your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request You are making. We may also request that Your authorized agent has written permission from You to make requests on Your behalf, and we may also need to verify Your authorized agent's identity to protect Your Personal Data. Please see our contact information below.
2. What Data About You do We Collect and How Do We Collect It?
We collect several types of information from You, including information:
i) that could reasonably be used to identify or contact You such as name, e-mail address, phone number.
ii) that could reasonably be used to identify You and collected during virtual meetings such as Your video-image or photo and voice data.
iii) that is about You but individually does not identify You, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address.
iv) that is non-personally identifiable such as date and time You logged in, time spent in the Services, features You've been using, advertising that You click on.
3. Why and how we collect and use your personal information
We may collect your personal data as an individual for various purposes, such as the following:
- Access and use of Services
When entering one of our websites, or using our online services and applications, we will record information necessary to provide you with access, for the operation of such systems and for us to comply with security and legal requirements in relation to operating them, such as IP address and browser, application settings. We also collect information about your activities during your visit in order to personalize your website and applications experiences, such as recording your preferences and settings and to collect statistics to help us improve and further develop our websites, applications, and services. We use such types of personal data only for the functioning of the applications and services that are provided to you. LeverX Group collects information only to provide better Services to you, and for functioning applications in accordance with the expectations of users.
Where we reference that, we use your personal information in relation to marketing, improvement, or development of our applications or services, for reasons of safety and security, or regulatory requirements other than in connection with your agreement or request, we do this on the basis of our legitimate interests, or with your consent.
- Responding to your request for information, order, or support
When you contact us (online or offline) in connection with a request for information, to order a product or service, to provide you with support, or to participate in a forum, we collect information necessary to fulfill your request, to grant you access to the product or service, to provide you with support and to be able to contact you. For instance, we collect your name and contact information, details about your request and your agreement with us, and the fulfillment, delivery, and invoicing of your order and we may include client satisfaction survey information. We retain such information for administrative purposes, defending our rights, and in connection with our relationship with you.
Where we reference that we use your personal information in connection with a request, order, transaction, or agreement (or preparing for the same), or to provide you with services that you requested (such as a website), we do this because it is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you.
4. Legal basis of processing
If your personal information is protected by EU data protection law, LeverX Group’s legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which LeverX Group collects it.
However, LeverX Group will normally collect personal information from you only (a) where it needs the personal information to perform a contract with you, (b) where the processing is in its legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights, or (c) where it has your consent to do so. In some cases, LeverX Group may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
5. How do we protect your information?
The security of Your Personal Data is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to us, both during transmission and after it is received. We process Your Data using computers and/or other IT-enabled tools. We take technical and organizational measures to ensure the information is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of information, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage. We also guide and train our personnel to process Your data securely according to our internal data protection policies. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to update our physical, technical, and organizational security measures. We may suspend Your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If You believe that Your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All LeverX Group members, all our staff, and third parties whenever we hire them to provide support services, are required to observe our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
There are four categories of cookies and web beacons used by the websites. Specifically, we use essential, performance, functionality, and advertising cookies.
Essential cookies and other tracking technologies are necessary for the operation of the Services. These tracking technologies enable You to move around on the Services and use the Services features. You may not opt-out of these types of cookies because they are required to operate the Services.
Performance cookies and other tracking technologies collect information about how You have used the Services. We use performance cookies and other tracking technologies to improve the user experience with our Services.
Functionality cookies and other tracking technologies allow us to remember how You are logged into our Services when You are logged in or out and the actions You have taken while You have been logged into the Services.
Advertising cookies and other tracking technologies are used by our third-party service providers to deliver advertising to You on other third-party websites as well as help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. We also use these types of cookies to analyze Services’ visits and ad conversions from third-party websites.
7. Changes to the policy
This version was last updated on March 25, 2022, and previous versions can be obtained by contacting LeverX Group.
8. Your rights regarding the personal data you provide to us
All users who are the subject of Personal Data held by us are entitled to:
- ask what information we hold about them and why;
This means that You can ask us what personal data of Yours is processed. You can also ask for clarifications on the information described above, i.e. purpose of collecting and processing, period of processing, third parties which have access to information. You have a right to request from us Your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit those data to another controller, if the processing is based on Your consent or on contract and the processing is carried out by automated means;
- ask how to gain access to it;
- be informed how to keep it up to date;
- have inaccurate personal data corrected or removed;
This means You can require all the inaccurate personal data concerning You being corrected. You can also complete the personal data if You feel there is a need to do so;
- prevent us from processing information or request that it is stopped if the processing of such data is likely to cause substantial, unwarranted damage or distress to the individual or anyone else, etc.;
In some cases, prescribed by the applicable laws You can object to the processing of Your personal data.
You have a right to object to the processing of Your personal data when the processing is related to the performance of our task carried in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us, or we process Your data to pursue our or third party’s legitimate interests, and You believe that such interests are overridden by Your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
If You make a request objecting to processing, we will no longer process the personal data unless we are able to demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing.
- require us to ensure that no decision which significantly affects an individual is solely based on an automated process for the purposes of evaluating matters relating to him/her, such as to conduct or performance;
- be informed of what we are doing to comply with our obligations under the applicable data protection laws.
Subject to the personal data protection regulations applicable to You, You may request us to erase Your Personal Data without undue delay. The request shall be made on the legal grounds provided in the information protection regulations applicable to You, which include among others:
- the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- You withdraw Your consent on which the processing is based according to the provisions of the applicable to You information protection regulations and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- You object to the processing pursuant to the applicable information protection regulations and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing or the information subject objects to the processing;
- the personal information has been unlawfully processed;
- the personal information has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in the USA, European Union, or the law to which we are subject.
You may also ask us to receive Your Data and have it transferred to another Data controller. In this case, You have the right to receive Your Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
If You cannot access certain information and personal data collected by LeverX, You can always contact LeverX by using our contact form. We will respond to requests to access or delete Your personal data within 30 days.
Any requests to exercise Your rights can be directed to us through the contact details provided below.
LeverX Group retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the services, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include, for instance:
- The period of data processing needed to provide the services. This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of those services, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
- The data subject's consent for a longer retention period. If so, we will retain data in accordance with the consent.
- LeverX Group is subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data. Mandatory data retention laws can be applied in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
10. Do we provide/disclose Your Data to the third parties?
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when You provide the information.
- With Your consent.
We may also disclose Your personal information:
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, our customers, or others.
11. Which Technologies We Use To Collect Your Data?
The following providers collect Data over our Services. You may be able to opt-out of Your usage data being tracked. Our providers may change, but we will try to update this list as that happens.
- Facebook Ads Pixel - https://www.facebook.com/business/m/privacy-and-data
- Google Analytics - https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
- Linkedin Ads - https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Drift Live chat - https://www.drift.com/privacy-policy/
- Zoho chat - https://www.zoho.com/privacy.html
- LeadFeeder - https://www.leadfeeder.com/privacy/
- MailChimp - https://mailchimp.com/legal/
- Xing - https://privacy.xing.com/en/privacy-policy
- Google Forms - https://policies.google.com/
- HubSpot - https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
12. Contact details
LeverX International Company LLC
Address: 800 West El Camino Real, Suite 180, Mountain View, CA 94040
Phone +1 650 823 75 64