This website collects cookies
to deliver better user experience
This website collects cookies to deliver better user experience
Table of contents:
Thanks to the LeverX team, a customer streamlined warehouse operations and increased material traceability with SAP EWM.
An international pharmaceutical company with the constantly growing market share and strong reputation as a responsible business and a reliable partner.
Our team needed to implement the SAP EWM solution into the business processes. The solution is intended to provide compliance with industry standards.
The SAP EWM project implementation helped the client reach their business goals, including full traceability of raw materials and supplies, 100% compliance with GMP and FDA pharmaceutical standards, etc.
All pharmaceutical raw materials should comply with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
To provide full compliance with the requirements above and export medicines to the international market, the company aimed to:
- Automate manual warehouse processes;
- Enable traceability of goods and materials;
- Improve transparency of management and accounting processes;
- Increase the quality of warehouse operations;
- Control raw material availability and usage.
Before the project launch, the customer had already worked with the ERP system, but to achieve all business objectives, they needed a newer SAP WMS version — SAP EWM.
The LeverX project team included a project manager, technical architect, SAP EWM consultants, SAP integration consultants, and SAP EWM developers. They were responsible for:
- SAP EWM Greenfield implementation;
- Implementing the solution across warehouse division, the quality control department, and manufacturing departments;
- Customizing SAP EWM according to the specifics of customer’s business processes;
- SAP EWM and SAP ERP development;
- Integrating SAP ERP with a third-party system utilized by the quality control department.
After implementation, the LeverX expert team provided support for the solution.
Automation of master data maintenance across the warehouses
- SAP EWM implementation and customization for three warehouse divisions
- Storage cell labeling.
Automation of intra-warehouse operations
- Automation of the goods movement within the warehouse
- Management of warehouse replenishment
- Performing inventory using data collection terminals (DCT)
- Goods retirement
- Task and resource management
Automation of inbound/outbound processes
- Receipt of materials from external suppliers. Establishing barcode standards for raw materials and materials for production; printing output and barcode labels.
- Acquisition/Issue of materials. Our team developed an SAP ERP program for data collection terminals to simplify material transfer from warehouse to the manufacturing department, and vice versa.
- Inbound materials quality control. Thanks to the functionality developed by LeverX, quality control specialists select needed raw materials for examination using the DCT. Placement of materials in stock Automatic selection of the optimal placement algorithm is available.
- FIFO- and FEFO-based inventory. Automatic processing of goods according to FIFO (First In, First Out) and FEFO (First Expired, First Out) inventory control strategies.
TOP SAP Company 2023
- SAP ERP
- SAP EXTENDED WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT
After the SAP EWM project implementation, the pharmaceutical company achieved all business goals:
- Full traceability of raw materials and supplies
- Higher quality of warehouse operations
- 100% compliance with GMP and FDA pharmaceutical standards
- Automation of manual material distribution and accounting processes
- Up to 35% increase in warehouse staff productivity
- Up to 15% less time spent on material transfer order processing
- Up to 40% fewer material movements within the warehouse
More Case Studies
What happens next?
Our experts will reach out to you for a thorough discussion of your specific needs and requirements.
If your project involves sensitive information, we will sign an NDA to ensure the confidentiality and security of your data.
Our team will prepare a customized project proposal with scope, timeline, and budget for your informed decisions.
in 9 countries
years of expertise