- Simplification The number of all modelling object types is significantly reduced.
- Innovation All upcoming SAP updates and development innovations will be compliant with BW/4HANA objects.
- Performance BW/4HANA enables overall better efficiency in terms of operations and data processing.
Migration of SAP Systems to SAP HANA
Gain time and better performance with an in-memory database management systemRequest offer>>
Achieve a Successful Migration of Legacy Systems to SAP HANA with LeverX Experts
SAP HANA helps organizations get impressive results on analytics, integration, data processing, and performance, provided technical migration to SAP HANA is executed in a proper way.
LeverX organizes the companies' journeys to SAP HANA, while sharing and implementing the best practices of data transfer across a great number of scenarios. Among them are migrations:
Business Warehouse (BW)
Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC)
BPC 11 (version for BW/4HANA)
Business Planning and Consolidation Classic (Standard)
Advanced Planning and Optimization (APO) processes
Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
S/4 and SAP Ariba
Extended Warehouse Management (EWM)
Embedded EWM in SAP S/4HANA
Transportation Management (TM)
Embedded TM in SAP S/4HANA
Advantages of Migration: Explore How Your Business Will Benefit from Each Transition Path
All Business Suite on HANA runs in memory, which helps to deal with the key performance bottlenecks of databases and improve performance significantly. A single source of truth for OLAP (online analytical processing) and OLTP (online transaction processing) leads to impressive speed benefits. That's the general pro of HANA.
As for specific migration cases, LeverX will give you the overview of key reasons to move to each of the innovative SAP solutions running on HANA.
SAP BW Migration to BW/4HANA
SAP BPC Migration to BPC 11 (version for BW/4HANA)
- Modern user interface Convenient Homepage and navigation design is accompanied by simplified planning models.
- Visibility and simplicity You get one product for planning and consolidation and enjoy smart data integration from cloud apps or third-party data storages into BPC.
- Higher performance Faster planning and enhanced scalability allow you to achieve great results as quickly as possible.
SAP BPC Classic (Standard) vs SAP BPC Embedded
- No more data replication required There is no need of separate transaction data flow with SAP BPC Embedded.
- Advanced planning SAP BPC Embedded provides better planning functions and capabilities, including disaggregation, formula, copy, etc.
- Productivity HANA lets you forget about tiresome calculations, thus saving time and improving performance.
SAP APO vs IBP
- Enhanced user experience SAP IBP is notable for its flexible SAP Fiori-based UI, which streamlines and speeds up planning processes.
- Advanced analytics You gain utmost visibility of the entire supply chain and real-time insights for business.
- Accelerated implementation With SAP IBP, you'll come up with much faster deployment processes.
SAP Ariba vs SRM
- Procurement transparency SAP Ariba implies higher efficiency of all sourcing processes for both buyers and suppliers.
- Process digitalization Digital transformation across all procurement processes improves supplier and buyer experience.
- Flawless data transfer Either master data or transaction data are smoothly transferred thanks to SAP Ariba integration capabilities.
From SAP EWM to S/4HANA Embedded EWM
- Impressive speed SAP HANA guarantees a higher processing power of Embedded EWM in SAP S/4HANA in comparison to standalone EWM.
- Data model simplification Among the key simplification points is getting rid of data replication and additional transactional documents.
- Better visibility of insights Embedded analytics and visualization dashboards give a detailed picture of all warehousing operations.
From SAP TM to Embedded TM in S/4HANA
- Unification No need to duplicate master data thanks to the single set of MD objects.
- Diversity of innovations You won't miss any single enhancement or update as they are fully compliant to S/4HANA.
- Reduced TCO Total cost of ownership and implementation time are minimized in case of Embedded TM in S/4HANA.
Interested in the optimal HANA migration strategy?
Let's Turn to LeverX Practical Experience: Migration in the Context of BW
Whereas the key point is the unprecedented speed after the migration from the other database management systems to HANA, there are a bunch of accompanying steps during the transition process. Our team is ready to take all of them according to the customers' requests.
Clients have options, and LeverX experts will help to define which one is better for their business.
Here are possible scenarios illustrated by some of the LeverX BW cases.
WAY 1. Speed is top priority
A key customer's challenge was the insufficient processing speed of their legacy SAP BW system running on Oracle, so we focused on providing our client with a fully functioning solution on HANA in no time.
The following step-by-step procedure was conducted during the migration project:
- Housekeeping (clean-up of unnecessary data using HANA Migration Cockpit)
- Bug fixing
- Making code adjustments, etc.
- System check
- Operability verification
- Final code review
- Identifying and resolving errors
Top 3 Reasons to Follow the Transition Path with LeverX
LeverX applies the best SAP practices for a successful data migration
Whereas our team prefers SAP Activate as the methodology that has already proven its worth in multiple projects, we are flexible in terms of accepting the other methodological approaches as well.
Manifold migration expertise — you’ll stay up-to-date with any SAP processes and modules
LeverX is well aware of different migration scenarios and ready to cover the transition for finance, warehouse, procurement, analytics, planning, or transportation solutions.
17+ years of close collaboration with SAP and a broad pool of certified specialists
LeverX delivers high-quality services, including SAP software development, implementation, consulting, rollout, and support. Besides, our team conducts insightful training sessions after the system implementation.
Need to migrate but don’t know where to start from?
Feel free to contact us and mark the beginning of your HANA migration success story!