One of the world's leading protein processors with more than 200,000+ team members worldwide, over 300 production units, and export customers in approximately 150 countries were facing challenges with the process they used for requesting new materials. The process took too much time, lacked processes that enforced compliance for master data, and put a heavy burden on end-users and the Master Data Management team to process the requests. They turned to LeverX for a solution.
- Business users lost time due to rework. Fields were filled out incorrectly, data was missing and data fields had invalid formats.
- The process was cumbersome and time-consuming requiring business users to search in multiple places, SAP t-codes, and SharePoint files for master data.
- The legacy process was overly time-consuming. New materials were needed as soon as possible to allow orders to be placed.
The LeverX team designed an automated solution leveraging the LeverX Integrated Process Solution (IPS) and BOM and Material Master Allocation Extension (BMAX) solutions together to streamline their process workflows and ensure master data governance, that dramatically decreasing the time to create, manage, and modify requests across their enterprise.
IPS captures the material requests:
- 8 workflows designed and built for 10 SAP material types
- IPS Ticket is the data collector for all required material master data definition
- Requests route from 1 to 7 different business roles for review, approval, or rejection
- System tasks automate the interface with SAP for the selection of valid data and programmatically triggers BMAX to create materials
- Notifications utilized for timely inputs and reviews
BMAX creates and extends the materials in SAP
- Utilize defined rules in accordance with Master Data Governance guidelines
- Grouped rules to allow for proper flow and build of the material master
- Drastically improved timing. The complete process can be completed in less than 30 minutes from start to finish
- Greater transparency of people that touch the ticket and material (what was changed, when, by who, and you approved it)
- Flexibility for business users to add an additional approver after the ticket is in process